Boardz 1.7 has shipped to the Apple Store. It comes with quite a few changes and bug fixes:
- Go players can now negotiate dead stones at the end of a game. You are given the option to mark or accept dead stones, at which point your opponent can do the same.
- In Go you can now export your game as an SGF or load it into another tool.
- The Shogi computer opponent is added.
- The annoying promotion/pass/resign bugs are fixed.
- The app takes advantage of the bigger screen on iPhone 5.
- Boardz is now free. Existing users get a free 1 year subscription to the ‘premium’ version. New users get the app for free, but need to buy the premium upgrade to play more than 2 simultaneous online games. Hopefully this is a fair change to the charging mechanism, and will get more players on the system. The premium subscription lasts a year, and does automatically renew. The yearly subscription helps pay for the ongoing server costs.
I lose again to my son - he's a 7 stone handicap currently... Catching me fast!! http://t.co/zu7SbmhjxI
Three player go! http://t.co/oT8YNJJgiK
Push notifications fixed :-)
Temporary server error was caused by expired certificate - it's up and running again! A fix for push notification is on the way too...
Boardz 1.7.3 is on the App Store - contains fixes for Shogi among others...