Boardz 1.7 has shipped to the Apple Store. It comes with quite a few changes and bug fixes:
- Go players can now negotiate dead stones at the end of a game. You are given the option to mark or accept dead stones, at which point your opponent can do the same.
- In Go you can now export your game as an SGF or load it into another tool.
- The Shogi computer opponent is added.
- The annoying promotion/pass/resign bugs are fixed.
- The app takes advantage of the bigger screen on iPhone 5.
- Boardz is now free. Existing users get a free 1 year subscription to the ‘premium’ version. New users get the app for free, but need to buy the premium upgrade to play more than 2 simultaneous online games. Hopefully this is a fair change to the charging mechanism, and will get more players on the system. The premium subscription lasts a year, and does automatically renew. The yearly subscription helps pay for the ongoing server costs.
Boardz 1.7.3 is on the App Store - contains fixes for Shogi among others...
Our latest version of Boardz has a bug to do with Shogi promotion (again!). It's fixed this time, honest ;) Waiting for Apple review...
Boardz 1.7 is released, and now free! - http://t.co/ZGcgdtZGo4
Push notifications are now fixed for another year... until Apple expire the certificates again! Sorry for the delay.
We're aware of the iOS 6 problem with pass/resign at the end of Go games... working on a fix!